Friday, June 4, 2010

Rocky Mountain High....

...Colorado! Who doesn't love a little John Denver?

So, the reason for the post....Ryan and I were married on Memorial Day weekend 3 years ago and we have made it a tradition since that year to travel on our anniversary in order to mark our special day. Year one we headed to Jamaica (which, conveniently, was also our friend's wedding - thanks Erin and Nick!), then last year we headed to Oregon and Washington for nephew Grant's first birthday. This year, we both had the week off but had failed to plan anything as we had just been back to Oregon and Washington in March. So, on May 20, I posted a plea on Facebook for some vacation suggestions as we were all over the place and (as you can probably guess by now)...Colorado won.
.
Ryan went to school at CU Boulder and had not been back in 9 years. Some of his best friends still live out there and he has been wanting to get back and show me around his old stomping grounds. These reasons plus some super good airfare and hotel deals had me hooked. It sometimes pays to procrastinate, friends. We booked everything on Thursday and Friday of last week.
.
The next few posts will detail our trip. We had a fantastic time and boy do I LOVE that dry air. The weather, hiking and friends were fabulous. We are still glowing from the trip as we just landed a few hours ago! So, here we go...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Did you know that I applied to CU-Boulder when I was in high school? i've always liked that school.