Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Feeling Accomplished

I am now 24 weeks along with our baby girl and have been getting so much done! Before Christmas, Ryan and I started shopping for the nursery furniture and ended up working with a nursery designer at Pottery Barn (since naturally, we love everything there). We showed her photos of the room and she helped us pick out the first few items. While we there, I saw two women about 8-9 months pregnant ordering their cribs! Now, they do deliver within a week but..... wow! It was at this point that I turned to Ryan and said, "That is not going to be me." I decided then and there that we were going to have all of the furniture and all of the big things done before I hit my third trimester. So far, so good. It's nice to have goals to reach for.
That day, we ordered our crib. It arrived within a week and Ryan and his friend, Jed, had it built within a few hours of the delivery. Since then, we also got the matching bookcase and the changing table/dresser is due to be delivered tomorrow. The rocker was ordered this weekend and is due in next month. So, the only big furniture item is the rug. Whew! They also happened to be discontinuing the little pink lambs theme that we liked so we scoffed up a lamp, nightlight, wall decals, a mobile and all of the bed linens.

Material items aside, we have also registered for birthing classes for the end of February and put the deposit down at the daycare we chose. Can you tell I just really want to relax in the last few months?

The best thing I have done is after a few weeks of back aches, I finally had a pregnancy massage tonite. Ryan's cousin is a massage therapist and she brought her table and gear right to our house. Could it get any better? It was fantastic. I am so relaxed AND I already have my next one scheduled.

Now, to start cleaning some of these closets....

3 comments:

YukoQ said...

I love that energetic nesting phase when you want to make everything perfect to welcome home your precious newborn. The room looks great - lovely calm color on the walls and I love the tree art! Keep us posted on how it looks when it is all together - it sounds like it will be such a sweet little cocoon.
xoxo

MamaD said...

Wow - I'm so impressed. I did no nesting with Lucy. She was in her pack n' play for 4 or 5 months before we finally got a crib and my MIL bought it for us and would have bought it for us earlier if we just got around to it. When we have number 2 someday, I will be much better.

MamaM said...

Well, it wouldn't be right if the third "Mama" didn't chime in. I LOVE your nursery so far! The blue-gray wall color is what I was going for in Olive's room, but ended up being a little off. I want the tree hanging in my living room and the crib is very classic. Good for you for being so on the ball. You'll be so happy to have all that big stuff out of the way. So excited for you and Ryan!