I am not one for resolutions because I feel like they hang over my head waiting for me to break them ... probably because I always tend to "go for the gusto" and make them slightly unreachable. Regardless, I just don't feel like I want to change anything overnight just because the calendar changed. I just resolve that every day I try to be a better person in different ways. It is on my mind daily and not just a date on the calendar - I work on it little bits at a time.
What I do like about the new year is the fact that it is a new chapter. The year 2010 is now a neat little chapter in a big book of memories. And in that neat little chapter, I want to celebrate some highlights:

In early March, we made another trek out to Portland, OR to celebrate Todd's birthday. Ryan and I ended the week long getaway in one of our favorite places, Seattle.

In mid-March, we brought the newest addition to our family home: Guster. He has been so much fun to have around and a great buddy to his big brother, Coodie.

In April, we celebrated Ryan's birthday in front row seats at the Red Sox game. We were right next to the dug out and got to see all of the players right up close.

In May, we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.
In June, we visited Colorado. This was my first visit ever and Ryan's first time back since graduating from the University of Colorado at Boulder. Since this time, Ryan's brother and his family have moved here and we are so excited to go back and visit!

In September, we took our yearly trip to Ogunquit after the crowds leave but while the weather is still beautiful.
In October, my parents took us to Boothbay Harbor for some hiking, good dinners and fresh sea air. We were also celebrating my dad's health and his recovery from his heart attack in March that we are so thankful for. What a comeback!

We are also thankful for Coodie's rebound after several setbacks with his health this year.
I am sure I am forgetting several fun and important events this year but I wanted to highlight what an amazing year 2010 was for us. Although we had some setbacks, everyone is bouncing back and thriving. Cheers to a happy, healthy 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment