OK, so we may be a little bit dorky...but we went to a cat show this weekend. I could say it was because we had our nephew Ethan with us, but in reality we knew we were going before we knew we were going to hang with the E-man.
Ryan and I love, love, love our cat Coodie (hence, the blog name). He is super sweet and 12 lbs. of orange fur and cuteness. He loves us just as much and we battle about exactly who he likes better, mama or papa (don't get started on telling us we need to have kids!). So, we heard about this cat show in Concord, NH and headed up there after I picked up Ethan. We met some cool, crazy and fun people at the show and got to see and cuddle some seriously adorable cats. Here are some photos....
This cracked us up....here is Ethan behind the "no pets allowed" sign.
Ethan, Ryan and I all agreed that the hairless cats are a little scary.
A beautiful "red" Maine Coon cat. Very gentle and nice and quite possibly Cood's distant cousin.
I can't remember the name of this cat...persian? They are so funny because when they fall asleep, they crash right out...I wish we had a photo of that. They look so grouchy but have a very nice disposition.
We fell in LOVE with these cats...the Birmans. They have this "worried" expression that makes you want to give them a big cuddle and kiss. They are "lap" cats and love people. Look at that little face! The fur is also like a bunny, amazingly soft.
Here is one of the Birmans being "judged". It's all a perfection game...poor kitties! We love you even if you have an extra stripe or an uneven paw!!
Well, we had a great time hanging with Ethan and the kitties. Who knows....maybe there will be another kitty in our future soon!
2 comments:
I love that you went to a cat show! I've wondered what they do there--tricks? struts? Yay for cuddling with cats you don't have to take care of!
It's pretty funny...they wait for their turn and then they have to be brought to a special area and presented to a group. The judge then takes them out one by one and examines them and comments to the crowd about each one. Once she is done, she awards the ribbons for "Best in Show".
Post a Comment