Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I think I'll go to Boston...

Ryan and I headed down to Boston this weekend. We needed some retail therapy and we also had to stimulate the economy a bit...I mean, it is our civic duty! I've also been craving some good salmon and since I am not quite sure how to cook it, Legal Seafoods did the trick.

So, there we are on Newbury Street in Niketown and who do we see? Wilbur! He is one of our fave people (and one of my oldest and dearest friends...you may recognize him from previous posts). This was complete coincidence..Wilbur had taken the T in from Somerville and serendipitously (is that a word?) happened to be in the same shop at the same time! We were able to spend some quality time with him before he jets off to Paris next week and we had a great time as usual.


Wilbur also took us to the Trader Joe's in Cambridge on our way to drop him off.... as we love Trader Joe's and our usual store is quite small. This store also had the added benefit of a HUGE and CHEAP wine selection. I saw tons of people carrying cases of wine and no sooner did I find out that all of their wines are ridiculously bargain priced! The Trader Joe's brand wine is $3.99, they also sell "Two Buck Chuck" (which was actually $2.99) and several more that I usually buy for $14-$15 and were selling for less than $9!! Holy cow - no wonder everyone had cases full! Needless to say, I bought in bulk and have commissioned Wilbur to bring me a case each time he comes to visit. I am saving money left and right....

I also had to throw in this very cool advertisement for the new U2 album that we found in Copley Square...

1 comment:

MamaM said...

We Sturgis girls are such bargain shoppers!