Sunday, August 17, 2008

10 Tons of Pellets

Ryan and I traveled up to Maine this weekend to visit my parents .... and to also move 10 TONS of pellets. You read that correctly, 10 TONS! In fact, when my dad asked last month for Ryan's help, I thought it was 1 ton...which sounds bad enough. But, when we got there and there were 10 tons...oh boy!!!

In the end...no problem! My mom, dad, Ryan and I all rolled up our sleeves and sweat it out for about 4 hours and moved all the pellets into the basement...enough for my parents to heat the house for the winter. More importantly, they won't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on oil heat. After all that work, we had a nice trip to Hodgman's Frozen Custard (yum...) and did some shopping at LL Bean. All in a days work...



Ryan is ready to go...
He still has a lot of energy, this is the first bag.
My dad set up a system, We grab a bag from the pallet and push it down his man-made slide.
Proof that I did help out. My biceps are killing me!
Done...and DONE! As you can see, there are rain drops on the cement. Huge rainstorms came in right as we finished that washed out several roads in my parent's town.

Ryan and my dad are finishing up...

No comments: