We put the cats in our semi-finished basement each night so we can ensure a good night's sleep. We kiss them goodnight, lock the cat door and head up to bed. So, we were stumped when they came waltzing in the bedroom at 7am Sunday morning. At the time, I figured I forgot to lock the cat door.
Then came Monday morning at 3:45 am. I woke up to Coodie on my chest and Gus behind my head. Half asleep, I put them back in the basement only to find them back in the bed as soon as I fell back asleep. The same scenario occurred Tuesday and Wednesday morning. So now we realize that they are somehow getting through the locked door (I know, it took a few nights but I don't think well when tired!)
I told a friend at work yesterday about our dilemma and her comment was, "So, you mean your cats are outsmarting you?" Snap.... yes, yes they are.
Well, I was able to record the culprit last night. Apparently Coodie has some sort of superhuman strength or he is an escape artist because I cannot push the door through with my hand. Gus just happens to reap the fruits of his labor - his henchman of sorts as he silently encourages and follows him through to freedom.
This morning, "Coodini" showed up on my dresser around 5am...whew, got an extra hour in! I promptly brought him to the basement, locked the cat door and secured it with packing tape. I then put a large box in front of it just in case he broke through the tape. We were able to keep the boys in the basement but the incessant banging on the door woke us up again.... Maybe we'll just board it up or get a new door or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment