Now that our big boy Coodie is feeling a lot better, I want to go back to Labor Day weekend and my birthday trip to Ogunquit! We have taken this trip almost every year we have been together because my birthday used to fall on the holiday weekend but in the past 2 years, it has been the week before. That's okay, though. It just means my birthday celebration last longer...I'm all about dragging it out.

This year, we found a new favorite place for dinner. Oarweed is a restaurant on Perkins Cove with a direct view of the water. We were told they had one of the best lobster rolls (which was more of a lobster sandwich) in town and Ryan was really craving one so we headed over there. I can't stomach shellfish although I have tried (an allergy perhaps?) but I do enjoy fresh fish so I was also happy with my broiled haddock. We had a seat outside overlooking the ocean and a nice walk back to the hotel along Marginal Way in the dark....very dark but pretty cool listening to the waves crash.
The view from Marginal Way during the day. I so love the ocean so we also spent a lot of time walking along the beach, through town and along Marginal Way. After dinner one night, we stopped in to the bakery and picked up some cookies and milk and had our treats on the adirondack chairs overlooking the water (the photo above was the view).... ahhhhhh... Can I go back now?
2 comments:
Looks heavenly. I miss New England! Oh, and happy belated birthday!
Only three years marriage? I thought that you married much longer....
Happy belated birthday also!!
Post a Comment