Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Coldplay 8.3.09

Ryan and I started dating back in '02/'03 and he turned me on to the band, Coldplay. I remember going out to buy Parachutes and a A Rush of Blood to the Head (the first 2 albums) because this was my new boyfriend's favorite band. I have always loved music, particularly U2, which is why Ryan asked me to marry him at a U2 concert. So, I remember buying these albums and really hoping I liked them because I thought it might tell me something about Ryan. Well, I LOVED them - and since that time they have been compared to the likes of U2 which makes sense but they are certainly their own band, their own genre. No one REALLY sounds like them if you take the time to listen and hear the lyrics.
The countdown is on! Ryan and I before the show, we were pretty excited.
VIP seats for the first time. Worth every penny. Below is a photo as the show starts. It's a go! Chris Martin, an amazing lead singer. I have never seen someone with that much energy. Amazing.


"Look at the stars...Look how they shine for you....." And, it's Yellow.

If you really like a band or singer, I truly believe it is so worth it to see them live. Music is the ultimate food for the soul. Needless to say, we had an amazing time and will find a way to see them each and every time they come to the area. Videos to follow...

No comments: