Monday, January 12, 2009

A Visit from Wilbur

My dear friend, Wilbur, surprised us with a call Saturday morning. We were expecting snow that night and had planned to stay inside and wait it out (there seems to be a lot of that lately). So, Ryan and I were out for a walk Saturday morning when the phone rang in his pocket....Wilbur. "Listen, what are you doing because I want to come and see you guys..." We haven't been blessed by a visit from Wilbur in over a year, even though he lives right in Boston. (Oh, his real name is Will, by the way, but I have never called him anything else...it suits him and he loves it).


Wilbur and I worked at Old Navy together eons ago when I was a manager there. The job was dreadful but the people were a lot of fun. So, we forged a quick friendship and haven't looked back since. So, Saturday night we went to Ryan's and my favorite local place... Strange Brew, picked up some Chinese food and headed home to wait out the storm. Wilbur and I played some Bananagrams (kind of like Scrabble but more fun) and watched old episodes of Will & Grace...which is what we always end up doing when we are together. No one appreciates that show more than us!

A brutal game of Bananagrams. We also can't miss a photo opp with Coodie (or at least his paw). And, how flippin' cute is Wilbur in that pic?

I'm not sure what I was reacting to, but this picture cracks me up. This was supposed to be our "sad face".... no reason just for a fun photo.

And the next day....we slept in a bit. Ryan cleaned the 8 inches or more of snow off the cars, shoveled the back deck and the walkway while Wilbur and I made a huge brunch. Blueberry pancakes, bacon and eggs. It was delish!

What a great surprise visit! Thanks for coming, Wilbur - we can't wait to see you again!

No comments: