I had a 5 day weekend while Ryan had a semi-4 day weekend. (It is always hard to tell with Ryan since his BlackBerry is omnipresent). On Christmas Eve, I read a book which is the ultimate relaxation for me...I read David Sedaris' book "Holidays on Ice" which made me laugh out loud...I love his stuff. Ryan and I stayed in, watched some Christmas specials and ate a nice spaghetti dinner. On Christmas Day, we went to my sister and brother-in-law's house (Jodi and Jon). Jodi made a fantastic turkey dinner with squash, potatoes, broccoli, rolls, etc. etc. We couldn't even eat dessert, we were so full! My mom and dad came down from Maine as well. My mom, Jodi and I all worked on a few puzzles in the afternoon...I haven't done a puzzle in forever and it was actually really fun! Ryan had a great time playing a Lego Indiana Jones video game with Aaron, it was one of his Christmas gifts. So, they spent most of the afternoon figuring out how to "get to the next level" or something.
We exchanged gifts, too (we got a sweet gift card to Pottery Barn AND to an Inn in New England....we are so going to Vermont!). It's always fun to see the kids rip open their gifts and then try to help them put them all together. Well, I have to say putting them together can be a bit frustrating... my gosh - do they need to secure every small piece with industrial strength ties??? Reminiscent of "A Christmas Story", Ethan got a pellet gun. We asked if it was "Red Rider"? No, even better, a "Remington" that shoots pellets not just BB's. Super cool.
Here are a few photos:
This is one of the puzzles my mom, Jodi and I completed:
No comments:
Post a Comment